Friday, January 23, 2009

What I missed most about Rexburg.....

THE TEMPLE




I love being able to see the temple everyday and I missed it so much while I was home. I forgot how much I loved seeing it everyday while I was home, but now that i am back in the Burg I remember. The temple here is so beautiful. I love this temple. A temple means so much more to you when you served in it during the open house, cleaned it the day before the dedication, and actually attended the dedication of the temple. The Rexburg Temple will always have a special place in my heart. Many Sundays my room mates and I would go to the temple grounds and watch the sunset. And yes many of the sunsets looked like the ones in the picture. I love Texas sunsets, but some of the sunsets here in Rexburg are absolutely phenomenal. Rexburg sunsets honestly gives Texas sunsets a run for its money. Or at least that is my own opinion.










3 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

Wow, it is stunningly beautiful isn't it? I would love seeing the Temple every day too. I am glad you get to see it all the time. What a perfect vision of heaven in your daily life. I am glad you are so grateful for such a wonderful blessing.

Sister Rippstein said...

Have you ever noticed that in the summer... the sky actually does form a bubble? It's like we really are in a water globe or something. Rexburg is literally a bubble! i agree on the beauties of the temple and the sky....

Laura said...

Charlissa, I have a story to tell you.
When I was looking for my valentine's blog background, I saw this one that you're using and I thought, "That one reminds me of one Charlissa would pick."
The End.