Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yellowstone

Saturday I went to the Yellowstone. It was so much fun. It was pretty rainy and it started snowing on us quite a bit but it was ok. We still had a blast. We made a lot of really good fun memories. Many animals were seen. We had a goal that we wanted to see to specific animals while we were there, and we were 1 for 2. Next time we go we are going to stay longer so we can see the othere one.


Here are some pictures from there and I will put a picture of our goal animal...


Entering Yellowstone. The people in the picture starting from left to right are Kelsey, Niccol, Josh, Puff, Me, Summer, Chelsee, and Carinne.

This is me, Chelsee and Niccol

Here is the group again. We just had so much fun.



We saw a moose! This was no the goal animal at all it was a bonus. Seeing a moose never ever crossed our minds.

These are some beautiful waterfalls that we saw while driving that we flipped a U-ee just so we could get the picture.



This was our goal animal! Yeah we saw BEAR!! It was so awesome! There is a little bit of a funny story that goes along with these pictures... We were driving along and we saw a build up of cars. We were just like GREEAAT. We all had to go to the bathroom pretty bad, so we were not looking forward to the traffic jam. Then we saw that people were out taking pictures of something. So we were a little curious as to what they were all seeing that we could not see. We drove up a little, and we thought that maybe it was a buffalo really close to the road and then we got a clear view. The girl that was sitting in the middle was freaking out because she wanted to get out to take the pictures. She went on to slam the head of the girl on the other side of her into the window, and just about trampled her on her way out. Luckily she is OK and did not sufer any injuries besides a sore head. Then the ranger came up to everyone and told us to get back in our cars and get moving, because we were too close to the animal. There is a rule in Yellowstone that you have to stay 100 yards away from bears and wolves. I guess they are a little dangerous. So we got in our car drove to the other side of the ranger truck and took this picture. He went on to honk his loud horn/siren at us so we left before we got kicked out of the park.
Our other goal animal was a wolf, but alas we did not see one. Maybe next time......

3 comments:

Cassie said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I'm glad you guys got to see a bear, however I am glad I never saw one! BTW can I have your password for your blog so I can go through and fix your MANY spelling/grammatical errors? (c; I cant help it...its the teacher part of me.

Laura said...

I second Cassie on the grammar thing :) but that's just the nerd in me...I don't have the good "teacher" excuse.

I loved visiting Yellow Stone. Adam hasn't ever been which is shocking to me since he was in Rexburg a lot longer than I was.

I am SO jealous that you got to see a moose. That was the only animal I really wanted to see, but there were none to be found when I went. I've still never seen a real moose.

Karen Nelson said...

I LOVE your background!!! It is so very pretty.

Now to Yellowstone. I am just grateful the Ranger made y'all "step away from the bear"!

Looks like you had a blast. I am glad that you did!