Friday, May 30, 2008

Rodeo part DOS!!

OK so this is the video that I promised.

So now the story with this video........

So it was my turn and i was still getting the vest duct taped to me. I get up there and the guys are telling me what to do. They tell me to get on the steer and that there was going to be a couple guys holding the steer and one holding me. I was just like why do you need to be holding me. Well it was a good thing that he was because that steer was moving all around and I would have fallen off in the shhot with the steer. That would not have been fun. So then they were waiting for me to gives the OK that I was ready. I did it and the steer went and then this was my thought process..... 'Oh crap, I'm sliding to the side, going under the steer, oh no thats not good.' Then I hit the ground. My next thought was, 'Oh no. Here comes the steer!' Then I remembered they told us to get away from the steer as fast as possible. So I roll and get up. I am not breathing at this time mind you, from falling and getting the steer on me, the wind had been knocked out of me. The announcer guy, the one in the black shirt, saw what happened of course and was asking me if I was OK and what not. I shake my head yes because I could not breath to talk. I get back there and they take the vest off of me, but I don't remember them doing it. Then I hear people yelling at me and it was the paramedics. They wanted to look me over but I told them I was fine. I wasn't hurting at the time and I did not want to be the pansy that got checked by the paramedics.

So I go to the doctor today because my back has been hurting really bad. They took some x-rays and the conclusion as of yet is........ my back is not broken. I just bruised my spine and it is causing my muscles to spasm. So all in all I am totally fine I just have to take it easy for a while.

4 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

Just in case you can't tell, this email is a "howler". Like in Harry Potter.

What the heck do you think you are doing??? You don't have to be your papaw's granddaughter so much!!

Do not do it anymore please. You need that back to get you through the next 70 or 80's years!

Karen Nelson said...

Yo Lipster! You have guts but is it really necessary to risk your life unmeaningfully? Well anyways, I only have one more thing to say...If your going to do that, don't fall off!:D
Chase_Man

Cassie said...

Loved the video! I'm glad you went to the Dr and go checked you crazy girl!

Laura said...

charlissa - you are the coolest! You are also the craziest! What a great story you have to brag about. Not many people have had that experience. I'm glad that you didn't get hurt too badly.