Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thr Good Ole Days...

My roommate Haley and I made a cake for one of our other roommates for her birthday. We decided we were going to throw her a fiesta... Which really just consisted us having chips and salsa and guacamole.... and a sombrero cake of course! OK so the cake really ended up looking more like a safari hat but we had limited resources.














Now on to the reason of the title of this blog.

Back in the day when mom would make cakes, she would write our names on our forearm with the frosting she was using to decorate the cake with. Naturally, I had to keep the tradition going for myself. So I wrote my name on my forearm with the frosting we used in the decorating of this beautiful cake.

2 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

Talk about nostalgia! It was so fun to decorate the kids' arms. Much better than decorating cakes.
Oh, my Mom used to do this to me also. It is a family tradition!
Keep it going!

Cassie said...

I bet mom saw that and got teary eyed!